Subject: 26.1.90; completion--some -- how to figure out error?

From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 21:10:23 -0500

Hi,

        I can't figure out where this error is coming from.

        It doesn't occur in Emacs 25.2 in my environment nor in
        Emacs 26.1.90 with -Q.

        I'm getting the following error doing:

            C-x C-f /ssh:localhost:~/

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (6 . 7) 4)
  signal(wrong-number-of-arguments ((6 . 7) 4))
  completion--some(#f(compiled-function (table) #<bytecode 0x9ba6c5>) (completion--embedded-envvar-table completion--file-name-table))
  read-file-name-internal("/ssh:localhost:~/" file-exists-p lambda)
  test-completion("/ssh:localhost:~/" read-file-name-internal file-exists-p)
  completion--complete-and-exit(12 29 exit-minibuffer #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x9b56f9>))
  completion-complete-and-exit(12 29 exit-minibuffer)
  minibuffer-complete-and-exit()
  funcall-interactively(minibuffer-complete-and-exit)
  call-interactively(minibuffer-complete-and-exit nil nil)
  command-execute(minibuffer-complete-and-exit)
  read-from-minibuffer("Find file: " "~/" (keymap (keymap (32)) keymap (10 . minibuffer-complete-and-exit) (13 . minibuffer-complete-and-exit) keymap (next . next-complete-history-element) (menu-bar keymap (minibuf "Minibuf" keymap (tab menu-item "Complete" minibuffer-complete :help "Complete as far as possible") (space menu-item "Complete Word" minibuffer-complete-word :help "Complete at most one word") (63 menu-item "List Completions" minibuffer-completion-help :help "Display all possible completions") "Minibuf")) (27 keymap (118 . switch-to-completions)) (prior . previous-complete-history-element) (63 . minibuffer-completion-help) (32 . minibuffer-complete-word) (9 . minibuffer-complete) keymap (menu-bar keymap (minibuf "Minibuf" keymap (previous menu-item "Previous History Item" previous-history-element :help "Put previous minibuffer history element in the minibuffer") (next menu-item "Next History Item" next-history-element :help "Put next minibuffer history element in the minibuffer") (isearch-backward menu-item "Isearch History Backward" isearch-backward :help "Incrementally search minibuffer history backward") (isearch-forward menu-item "Isearch History Forward" isearch-forward :help "Incrementally search minibuffer history forward") (return menu-item "Enter" exit-minibuffer :key-sequence "\015" :help "Terminate input and exit minibuffer") (quit menu-item "Quit" abort-recursive-edit :help "Abort input and exit minibuffer") "Minibuf")) (10 . exit-minibuffer) (13 . exit-minibuffer) (7 . abort-recursive-edit) (C-tab . file-cache-minibuffer-complete) (9 . self-insert-command) (XF86Back . previous-history-element) (up . previous-line-or-history-element) (prior . previous-history-element) (XF86Forward . next-history-element) (down . next-line-or-history-element) (next . next-history-element) (27 keymap (114 . previous-matching-history-element) (115 . next-matching-history-element) (112 . previous-history-element) (110 . next-history-element))) nil file-name-history "~/" nil)
  completing-read-default("Find file: " read-file-name-internal file-exists-p confirm-after-completion "~/" file-name-history "~/" nil)
  completing-read("Find file: " read-file-name-internal file-exists-p confirm-after-completion "~/" file-name-history "~/")
  read-file-name-default("Find file: " nil "/home/liveuser/" confirm-after-completion nil nil)
  read-file-name("Find file: " nil "/home/liveuser/" confirm-after-completion)
  find-file-read-args("Find file: " confirm-after-completion)
  byte-code("\300\301\302 \"\207" [find-file-read-args "Find file: " confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer] 3)
  call-interactively(find-file nil nil)
  command-execute(find-file)

          How can I figure out what in my configuration that causes
          this in Emacs 26.1.90.

          Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 26.1.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.10)
 of 2018-11-20 built on localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: 0d59ae3f49ac122203d94aa02acc9c7ae920aeef
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
Recent messages:
nnimap read 176k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 210k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 244k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 283k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 293k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 317k from imap.aim.com
Fetching headers for nnimap+aol:INBOX...done
Scoring...done
Sorting threads...done
Generating summary...done

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O0 -ggdb3 -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 --prefix=/tmp/emacs-26.1.90 --with-dbus
 --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-lcms2 --with-tiff
 --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=yes
 --with-xwidgets --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-desktop-notify-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail qp gnus-ml disp-table
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nndoc mm-archive timezone url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth url-handlers utf-7 rfc2104 nnfolder cl-extra
help-mode network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp gnus-desktop-notify
notifications dbus xml epa-file nnreddit mm-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse url-vars json map gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig mailcap cl sieve sieve-mode sieve-manage starttls
sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain nnir gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls
utf7 netrc gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny seq rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus wid-edit nnoo nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch
dired dired-loaddefs files-x noutline outline easy-mmode tramp-cache
tramp-sh cus-start cus-load tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec advice auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs
cl-lib password-cache elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 29697198 82352)
 (symbols 48 129344 34)
 (miscs 40 121 450)
 (strings 32 127166 12086)
 (string-bytes 1 4440160)
 (vectors 16 51768)
 (vector-slots 8 1224507 87934)
 (floats 8 234 471)
 (intervals 56 14507 98)
 (buffers 992 38)
 (heap 1024 600567 514750))