Subject: bug#33442: 26.1.90; Cairo side-by-side windows scrolling fix should be cherry-picked

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 14:23:06 +0100

tags 33442 fixed
close 33442 26.2
quit

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
>> I thought we were in a state on emacs-26 where we can get away with
>> cherry-picking minor fixes like the side-by-side stuff, precisely
>> because cairo is disabled by default.  Also if any brave soul does
>> turn it on on emacs-26, we should probably strive to have fixed things
>> for them that are easy to fix.
>
> OK, please cherry-pick that part as well.

Done as 0220391c00

Closing this bug.

>> On a separate note, should we turn cairo on by default in master?
>
> I have no strong opinion on this.  IMO, the decision should be based
> on what those who use Cairo say about its stability.  I'd also
> encourage people to see whether the reported bugs are still there, or
> maybe they were solved indirectly.

I donʼt use it myself at the moment. Iʼve only seen Ari report that he
uses is regularly.

Robert