Subject: Guix fails to build master from source on 0.15 since a few days

From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 11:51:13 +0100

Hi

I successfully cloned and built guix a few times after pulling during 
the last 2-3 weeks.
My workflow is this: git pull && make
-> success

Now this happens: git pull && make:
...
checking the length of a typical hash bang line... 73
checking the length of a hash bang line used in tests... 97
checking for pkg-config... 
/gnu/store/30fxs0wkfcbllcbf13jksjxscqldswdn-profile/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
configure: checking for guile 2.2
configure: checking for guile 2.0
configure: error:
No Guile development packages were found.

Please verify that you have Guile installed.  If you installed Guile
from a binary distribution, please verify that you have also installed
the development packages.  If you installed it yourself, you might need
to adjust your PKG_CONFIG_PATH; see the pkg-config man page for more.

make: *** [Makefile:3241: config.status] Error 1

--
This did not help: $ make clean && ./bootstrap && .configure && make
-> same error as above

my env is completely the same:

guix environment guix --ad-hoc gnupg help2man git strace   pkg-config 
less binutils coreutils grep guile guile-git guile-json gcc --no-grafts 
-l ~/my-packages/guile-gcrypt.scm

$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 1f44934fb6e2cefccbecd4fa347025349fa9ff76 (=0.15)

$ which guile
/gnu/store/30fxs0wkfcbllcbf13jksjxscqldswdn-profile/bin/guile
sdb@komputilo ~/guix-tree [env]$ guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.4

$ env |grep GUILE
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=/gnu/store/30fxs0wkfcbllcbf13jksjxscqldswdn-profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:/gnu/store/30fxs0wkfcbllcbf13jksjxscqldswdn-profile/share/guile/site/2.2:/home/sdb/.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/gnu/store/30fxs0wkfcbllcbf13jksjxscqldswdn-profile/share/guile/site/2.2:/home/sdb/.guix-profile/share/lib/guile/2.2/:/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2

-- 
Cheers
Swedebugia