Subject: Re: fill-individual-paragraphs recently created bug

From: Rory Mulvaney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 20:16:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Rory Mulvaney <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I think you just need to rigidly-indent it a little further before 
> > trying fill-individual-paragraphs.  First rigidly-indent it a little 
> > further (like 4 or 6 spaces), and then there is a difference between 
> > the action of fill-paragraph (works) and fill-individual-paragraphs 
> > (gives an odd result).
> 
> Can you give a precise test case that demonstrates this bug?
> 

Lars,

You are right that the way it was wrapped in my initial email (the wrap 
column for the email program is less than 78) that the initial text was 
not displaying correctly.  Actually if it is first filled with the 
fill-column set at 78, it appears as in the attached file text.txt 
(because there is still more room on the first line for a 7th block).

Then, if you rigidly indent it 4 spaces by selecting it followed by C-u 4 
M-x rigidly-indent, then fill it with fill-individual-paragraphs by 
selecting it and M-x fill-individual-paragraphs, it gives the weird 
result, in contrast to fill-paragraph.

I hope that clears it up,
Rory