Subject: Re: bug#33345: 27.0.50; Abort in bidi_cache_iterator_state

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 08:43:34 -0500

> Since this seems to be caused by displaying the group summary, please
> try to save the summary to a file and post it.  (To prevent the abort,

OK, I've managed to do that.  The resulting file is attached.

But it doesn't look like a bug in bidi, after all:
- `emacs ~/tmp/foobug.txt`
  crashes right away
- `emacs --eval '(setq bidi-display-reordering nil)' ~/tmp/foobug.txt`
  crashes right away as well!
- `emacs -Q ~/tmp/foobug.txt`
  does not crash
- `emacs --eval '(garbage-collect)' ~/tmp/foobug.txt`
  does not crash either!

Also, when I tried to reproduce it yesterday (in order to produce the
file), I was on another machine and that one did not crash either.
The two machines are both running Debian but have various important
differences: 64bit-vs-32bit and stable-vs-testing.

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if noone else manages to reproduce
the crash.

        Stefan