Subject: bug#33344: 26.1; doc-view bounding-box recognition doesn't work on path names with spaces

From: Robert Spillner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 00:47:53 +0100

Hi,

sorry for the late answer -- these mails didn't go through my spam-filter.

The patch does work.

As I'm neither an active emacs programmer, lisp developer, or security expert 
I don't have a sound opinion whether this should be the way to do this. But as 
there might be security implications with unchecked strings which are 
introduced in a shell call it is probably better not to do it. But if this 
change is part of a larger code review which is going to be introduced a long 
time frm now it might be a better idea to do the quotation-hack first and 
replace it later by a better solution so the bug get fixed for now.

Just my two cents.

> Glenn Morris wrote:
> 
> Thanks for the report.
> I don't see a need for the shell to be involved at all here.
> The following seems to work for me - how about for you?
>