Subject: bug#33294: closed (Re: bug#33294: xwidget-insert crashes Emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 07:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33294: xwidget-insert crashes Emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33294: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33294
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33294: xwidget-insert crashes Emacs
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 09:54:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 18:27:29 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
> 	[email-masked]
> 
> > From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> > Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 15:02:21 +0100
> > 
> > >> I don't have access to an Emacs with xwidget support to test this; can
> > >> someone please provide a patch for that?
> > 
> > Something like this? (with ChangeLog etc of course). I couldn't come
> > up with a test-case for the xwidget_init_view path, but it causes
> > make-xwidget to error out under '-nw'
> 
> Yes, that's what I had in mind.  If this works, please push to the
> release branch.

And I guess we can now close the bug.

Thanks.

P.S.  Was the last change pushed?  I don't see it on the release
branch.

Subject: xwidget-insert crashes Emacs
From: Evgeny Zajcev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 00:13:20 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs from git crashes on next code:

  (require 'xwidget)
  (with-temp-buffer
    (xwidget-insert (point-min) 'webkit (buffer-name) 320 240))

I know about at least one character required to attach text property to it,
however I think elisp code should not crash the Emacs

Thanks

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-11-03 built on XPS
Repository revision: f1f1687fcd8d48cd519c0f2977bcecbf394a7f01
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

Recent messages:
Warning: no abbrev-file found, customize `abbrev-file-name' in order to
make mode-specific abbrevs work.
Source file
‘/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/cython-mode-20180213.1654/cython-mode.el’ newer
than byte-compiled file
+ /home/lg/.emacs.d/init.el loaded, M-x lg-desktop-load RET to load desktop
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --without-makeinfo --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  icomplete-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/md4 hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/md4
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/hex-util hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/sasl-digest hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/sasl-ntlm hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/hmac-md5 hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/sasl hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/ntlm hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/hmac-def hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/sasl-cram hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail home desktop frameset
gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc gnus-spec gnus-win nnoo gnus-int gnus-range
message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr autoinsert cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs icomplete saveplace cython-mode help-fns radix-tree elpy
find-file-in-project ivy delsel colir color ivy-overlay ffap windmove
diff-mode easy-mmode elpy-shell pyvenv esh-var esh-cmd esh-opt esh-io
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp trampver
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs ucs-normalize parse-time format-spec grep
files-x etags multifile generator xref project cus-edit cus-start
cus-load wid-edit python-mode info-look which-func imenu shell pcomplete
hippie-exp flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt compile cc-cmds
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs rx dot-mode server time elec-pair
google-translate google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap whitespace undo-tree diff ido comint ansi-color ring avoid
edmacro kmacro browse-kill-ring advice cl mule-util tex-site gh-common
marshal eieio-compat info finder-inf package let-alist derived pcase
cl-extra help-mode easymenu url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv epg epg-config subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 482116 19276)
 (symbols 48 41298 4)
 (strings 32 93650 4124)
 (string-bytes 1 3205914)
 (vectors 16 58899)
 (vector-slots 8 1015440 26930)
 (floats 8 396 32)
 (intervals 56 352 0)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
lg