Subject: xwidget-insert crashes Emacs

From: Evgeny Zajcev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 00:13:20 +0300

Emacs from git crashes on next code:

  (require 'xwidget)
  (with-temp-buffer
    (xwidget-insert (point-min) 'webkit (buffer-name) 320 240))

I know about at least one character required to attach text property to it,
however I think elisp code should not crash the Emacs

Thanks

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-11-03 built on XPS
Repository revision: f1f1687fcd8d48cd519c0f2977bcecbf394a7f01
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

Recent messages:
Warning: no abbrev-file found, customize `abbrev-file-name' in order to
make mode-specific abbrevs work.
Source file
‘/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/cython-mode-20180213.1654/cython-mode.el’ newer
than byte-compiled file
+ /home/lg/.emacs.d/init.el loaded, M-x lg-desktop-load RET to load desktop
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --without-makeinfo --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  icomplete-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/md4 hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/md4
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/hex-util hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/sasl-digest hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/sasl-ntlm hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/hmac-md5 hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/sasl hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/ntlm hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/hmac-def hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/home/lg/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20180328.2324/sasl-cram hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail home desktop frameset
gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc gnus-spec gnus-win nnoo gnus-int gnus-range
message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr autoinsert cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs icomplete saveplace cython-mode help-fns radix-tree elpy
find-file-in-project ivy delsel colir color ivy-overlay ffap windmove
diff-mode easy-mmode elpy-shell pyvenv esh-var esh-cmd esh-opt esh-io
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp trampver
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs ucs-normalize parse-time format-spec grep
files-x etags multifile generator xref project cus-edit cus-start
cus-load wid-edit python-mode info-look which-func imenu shell pcomplete
hippie-exp flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt compile cc-cmds
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs rx dot-mode server time elec-pair
google-translate google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap whitespace undo-tree diff ido comint ansi-color ring avoid
edmacro kmacro browse-kill-ring advice cl mule-util tex-site gh-common
marshal eieio-compat info finder-inf package let-alist derived pcase
cl-extra help-mode easymenu url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv epg epg-config subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 482116 19276)
 (symbols 48 41298 4)
 (strings 32 93650 4124)
 (string-bytes 1 3205914)
 (vectors 16 58899)
 (vector-slots 8 1015440 26930)
 (floats 8 396 32)
 (intervals 56 352 0)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
lg