Subject: [bug#33286] Add 'list-formats' to 'guix pack'

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 12:48:09 +0200

On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 11:39:15AM +0100, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Hi Efraim,
> 
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:53:16 +0200
> Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > I was looking at the help menu for 'guix pack' and I realized that I
> > didn't know what formats were available and there wasn't a flag to show
> > them.
> 
> Good idea!  In principle LGTM, but why not (also?) always show them on "--help"?
> It's kinda weird to have "--help" not show something and then having to invoke a
> command again to get it.  It's not like the new output is long in proportion
> to the existing output of "--help" or anything.

we also have 'guix refresh --list-updaters' and 'guix lint
--list-checkers'.

'guix system', for file-system-type, shows '(one of 'ext4', 'iso9660')'
right in the options.

also 'guix hash' allows other formats but doesn't have a list-updaters

having "(one of 'tarball', 'squashfs', 'docker')" would be easier, but
IMO my patch gives more information, specifically about squashfs and
needing to run 'docker load'.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted