Subject: bug#33279: closed (Re: bug#33279: guile-readline: error: no code for module)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 11:37:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33279: guile-readline: error: no code for module

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33279: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33279
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33279: guile-readline: error: no code for module
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 12:36:36 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

swedebugia <[email-masked]> skribis:

> exporting these variables did not help:
>
> $ export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=~/.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/:$GUILE_LOAD_PATH
> $ export
> GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=~/.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/:$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH

Rather you need:

  export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=~/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.2:$GUILE_LOAD_PATH
  export GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=~/.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH

Better yet, you can install both ‘guile’ and ‘guile-readline’ in the
same profile and you’ll get a message telling you what to do:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix package -p foo -i guile guile-readline

[...]

La jenaj medi-variablaj difinoj povos esti necesaj:
   export PATH="foo/bin${PATH:+:}$PATH"
   export GUILE_LOAD_PATH="foo/share/guile/site/2.2${GUILE_LOAD_PATH:+:}$GUILE_LOAD_PATH"
   export GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH="foo/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:foo/share/guile/site/2.2${GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH:+:}$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

HTH!

Ludo’.

Subject: guile-readline: error: no code for module
From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 21:14:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi

Found another error :p

This time after installing guile-readline it is not imediately available 
to guile even though it is available in the path. Weird.

Install:

sdb@komputilo ~$ guix package -i guile-readline 
--substitute-urls=http://berlin.guixsd.org
The following package will be installed:
    guile-readline    2.2.3 
/gnu/store/i0nqs30zn0bdij5zwagqx1chcdk460ai-guile-readline-2.2.3

substitute: updating substitutes from 'http://berlin.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
    /gnu/store/rfaxkh0khj8b6f2fgj6s0yq1s7db4aak-profile.drv
/gnu/store/y6vzf4vlmigyhvy1mh0s1ybbajaiq9dr-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
    /gnu/store/kybcp4pvjvz7xiwgzyv5x93ccszp1zv4-info-dir.drv
    /gnu/store/90a77pf8006r914ma7f4wzn95ncqr3lq-fonts-dir.drv
    /gnu/store/m1scixlkly42c6ckrn833h1kklbw0b41-manual-database.drv
Creating manual page database...
190 entries processed in 1.0 s
7 packages in profile

**NOTE: no env variables suggested**

Try to use it:

$ guile -c '(use-modules (ice-9 readline))'
Backtrace:
           13 (apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 1ac4280>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     705:2 12 (call-with-prompt ("prompt") #<procedure 1acf0a0 at ic…> …)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     619:8 11 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 1b83140>)))
In ice-9/command-line.scm:
    181:18 10 (_ #<input: string 1ba0a80>)
In unknown file:
            9 (eval (use-modules (ice-9 readline)) #<directory (guile…>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    721:20  8 (primitive-eval (use-modules (ice-9 readline)))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
   1235:36  7 (expand-top-sequence ((use-modules (ice-9 readline))) _ …)
   1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # …)) …)
    285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) …)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   3365:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
    222:17  3 (map1 (((ice-9 readline))))
   3366:31  2 (_ ((ice-9 readline)))
    2791:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ …)
In unknown file:
            0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu…" …) …)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (ice-9 readline)

--

sdb@komputilo ~$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 1f44934fb6e2cefccbecd4fa347025349fa9ff76

sdb@komputilo ~$ guix package -I
openssh    7.7p1    out 
/gnu/store/1lp98789cd5h1f1hv8z9bhbirvnaax5x-openssh-7.7p1
nss    3.36.1    out /gnu/store/lv63vga40p1g9bc8c8zxsjybxmqsdrgz-nss-3.36.1
guile-readline    2.2.3    out 
/gnu/store/i0nqs30zn0bdij5zwagqx1chcdk460ai-guile-readline-2.2.3
file    5.32    out /gnu/store/pky001r9bbcrqvv3gdgvjj8b56hhifpv-file-5.32
wget    1.19.5    out 
/gnu/store/7jd4nbdamp5bjvvi9acnk4nkk2dzyi71-wget-1.19.5
git    2.18.0    out /gnu/store/w9qwlwpfmhkyj6rqk3rvkk1a89vmymqf-git-2.18.0
git    2.18.0    send-email 
/gnu/store/pvj35w3xlfvxdw3gljxxba2xjm2v7958-git-2.18.0-send-email

sdb@komputilo ~$ guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.3

sdb@komputilo ~$ env |grep guile
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2

sdb@komputilo ~$ file 
.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache/ice-9/readline.go
.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache/ice-9/readline.go: ELF 64-bit 
LSB shared object, no machine, version 1 (embedded), dynamically linked, 
with debug_info, not stripped

--

exporting these variables did not help:

$ export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=~/.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/:$GUILE_LOAD_PATH
$ export 
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=~/.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/:$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH

Any ideas?

-- 
Cheers
Swedebugia