Subject: guile-readline: error: no code for module

From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 21:14:26 +0100

Hi

Found another error :p

This time after installing guile-readline it is not imediately available 
to guile even though it is available in the path. Weird.

Install:

sdb@komputilo ~$ guix package -i guile-readline 
--substitute-urls=http://berlin.guixsd.org
The following package will be installed:
    guile-readline    2.2.3 
/gnu/store/i0nqs30zn0bdij5zwagqx1chcdk460ai-guile-readline-2.2.3

substitute: updating substitutes from 'http://berlin.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
    /gnu/store/rfaxkh0khj8b6f2fgj6s0yq1s7db4aak-profile.drv
/gnu/store/y6vzf4vlmigyhvy1mh0s1ybbajaiq9dr-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
    /gnu/store/kybcp4pvjvz7xiwgzyv5x93ccszp1zv4-info-dir.drv
    /gnu/store/90a77pf8006r914ma7f4wzn95ncqr3lq-fonts-dir.drv
    /gnu/store/m1scixlkly42c6ckrn833h1kklbw0b41-manual-database.drv
Creating manual page database...
190 entries processed in 1.0 s
7 packages in profile

**NOTE: no env variables suggested**

Try to use it:

$ guile -c '(use-modules (ice-9 readline))'
Backtrace:
           13 (apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 1ac4280>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     705:2 12 (call-with-prompt ("prompt") #<procedure 1acf0a0 at ic…> …)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     619:8 11 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 1b83140>)))
In ice-9/command-line.scm:
    181:18 10 (_ #<input: string 1ba0a80>)
In unknown file:
            9 (eval (use-modules (ice-9 readline)) #<directory (guile…>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    721:20  8 (primitive-eval (use-modules (ice-9 readline)))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
   1235:36  7 (expand-top-sequence ((use-modules (ice-9 readline))) _ …)
   1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # …)) …)
    285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) …)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   3365:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
    222:17  3 (map1 (((ice-9 readline))))
   3366:31  2 (_ ((ice-9 readline)))
    2791:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ …)
In unknown file:
            0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu…" …) …)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (ice-9 readline)

--

sdb@komputilo ~$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 1f44934fb6e2cefccbecd4fa347025349fa9ff76

sdb@komputilo ~$ guix package -I
openssh    7.7p1    out 
/gnu/store/1lp98789cd5h1f1hv8z9bhbirvnaax5x-openssh-7.7p1
nss    3.36.1    out /gnu/store/lv63vga40p1g9bc8c8zxsjybxmqsdrgz-nss-3.36.1
guile-readline    2.2.3    out 
/gnu/store/i0nqs30zn0bdij5zwagqx1chcdk460ai-guile-readline-2.2.3
file    5.32    out /gnu/store/pky001r9bbcrqvv3gdgvjj8b56hhifpv-file-5.32
wget    1.19.5    out 
/gnu/store/7jd4nbdamp5bjvvi9acnk4nkk2dzyi71-wget-1.19.5
git    2.18.0    out /gnu/store/w9qwlwpfmhkyj6rqk3rvkk1a89vmymqf-git-2.18.0
git    2.18.0    send-email 
/gnu/store/pvj35w3xlfvxdw3gljxxba2xjm2v7958-git-2.18.0-send-email

sdb@komputilo ~$ guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.3

sdb@komputilo ~$ env |grep guile
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2

sdb@komputilo ~$ file 
.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache/ice-9/readline.go
.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache/ice-9/readline.go: ELF 64-bit 
LSB shared object, no machine, version 1 (embedded), dynamically linked, 
with debug_info, not stripped

--

exporting these variables did not help:

$ export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=~/.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/:$GUILE_LOAD_PATH
$ export 
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH=~/.guix-profile/lib/guile/2.2/:$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH

Any ideas?

-- 
Cheers
Swedebugia