Subject: GUILE_LOAD_PATH and GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH on GuixSD

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 17:40:40 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> swedebugia <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> Could we make all guile-* packages emit this suggestion?
>
> This limitation is the same as <https://bugs.gnu.org/22138>.

It’s actually a different issue here: the profile contains packages that
provide share/guile/2.2, but the same profile doesn’t contain any
package that “claims” share/guile/2.2.  Thus, everything is working
according to plan, so to speak.

I understand this particular case is confusing though.  It’s confusing
because Guile is already installed, albeit in another profile.

What we could do to avoid this confusion is pre-define GUILE_LOAD_PATH
and GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH in /etc/profile, just like we do for
INFOPATH et al.

WDYT?

Ludo’.