Subject: bug#33269: 25.2; cli pinentry disrupts screen display and navigation

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 13:48:45 +0100

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> When using non-GUI emacs and attempting to open a gpg encrypted file,
> emacs seems to pass control to the external pinentry program (debian
> package `pinentry-curses', version 1.1.0+b1); however:
>
> 1) Doing so renders most of the pinentry program's display off the
> botton of screen.

(This bug report unfortunately got no response at the time.)

I tried reproducing this by saying

emacs -Q foo.gpg

I was then presented with this display:

And I could then read the encrypted file.  This is on Debian bullseye,
and the terminal is gnome-terminal, in Emacs 28.

Are do you still see this problem in Emacs 28?  If so, do you have a
recipe to reproduce it?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no