Subject: bug#33261: closed (Re: bug#33261: [substitute-urls] Fails when given only "berlin.guixsd.org")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 18:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33261: [substitute-urls] Fails when given only "berlin.guixsd.org"

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33261: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33261
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33261: [substitute-urls] Fails when given only "berlin.guixsd.org"
From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
To: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 19:13:22 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 00:41:46 +0100
swedebugia <[email-masked]> wrote:

> $ guix package -i hello --substitute-urls=berlin.guixsd.org
> substitute: guix substitute: error: berlin.guixsd.org: invalid URI
> guix package: error: build failed: substituter `substitute' died 
> unexpectedly
> 
> Adding "http://" works:

Hi swedebugia,

I would not consider this a bug: It clearly says that it is not a
proper URI. Also in the documentation all URLs/URIs are written in the
form of 

PROTOCOL://SERVER/PATH.

Closing this one,

Björn

Subject: [substitute-urls] Fails when given only "berlin.guixsd.org"
From: swedebugia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 00:41:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

$ guix package -i hello --substitute-urls=berlin.guixsd.org
substitute: guix substitute: error: berlin.guixsd.org: invalid URI
guix package: error: build failed: substituter `substitute' died 
unexpectedly

Adding "http://" works:

$ guix package -i wget --substitute-urls=http://berlin.guixsd.org --dry-run
The following package would be upgraded:
    wget    1.19.5 → 1.19.5 
/gnu/store/7jd4nbdamp5bjvvi9acnk4nkk2dzyi71-wget-1.19.5

substitute: updating substitutes from 'http://berlin.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations would be built:
    /gnu/store/y6yg5dsfam30v8d7f77bafysqjnbdhgj-profile.drv
    /gnu/store/qdgr96gw7jil08wqhp897mf8qzhhv32b-info-dir.drv
    /gnu/store/66apflyp7b41blxl7s6pv56kq5mfb8h4-fonts-dir.drv
/gnu/store/1d0njpsg6ch60hh5zdkg2lf173kqv32f-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
    /gnu/store/jba4idqg0q0rq0pvdal8scjf9176xx8z-manual-database.drv

$ which guix
/home/sdb/.config/guix/current/bin/guix

$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 1f44934fb6e2cefccbecd4fa347025349fa9ff76

-- 
Cheers
Swedebugia