Subject: bug#33244: closed (Re: bug#33244: 27.0.50; buffer-local face-remapping not obeyed for the fringe)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 13:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33244: 27.0.50; buffer-local face-remapping not obeyed for the fringe

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33244: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33244
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33244: 27.0.50; buffer-local face-remapping not obeyed for the fringe
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 08:39:43 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> OK to close the bug report?

Oh, yes, sorry, I mistakenly assumed you'd done so already.

        Stefan

Subject: 27.0.50; buffer-local face-remapping not obeyed for the fringe
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2018 13:27:17 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 27.0.50

If I do:

    src/emacs -Q --eval "(face-remap-add-relative 'fringe '(:background \"red\"))"
    C-x 4 b *Messages*
    M-x redraw-display
    C-x o
    M-x redraw-display

I see that Emacs redraws all the fringes with the same `fringe` face, that which
happens to be specified in the currently selected window, instead of
correctly using for each window the `fringe` face adjusted to the
face-remapping that happens to be active in the window's buffer.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.1)
 of 2018-11-02 built on alfajor
Repository revision: e94881becd05d0ef472fcd2f44a08b6a1342e421
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12001000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el...
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el
Saving file /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el...
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el
Saving file /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el...
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el
Saving file /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el...
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/zones/zones.el

Configured using:
 'configure -C --enable-checking --with-modules --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -Og -Wno-pointer-sign'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/monnier/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-compact-docstrings-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/svg/svg hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/svg
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-mode hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-stmt hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-stmt
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-prj hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-prj
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-xref hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-xref
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/nadvice/nadvice hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/emacs-lisp/nadvice
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/hyperbole/set hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/emacs-lisp/set
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/landmark/landmark hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/landmark
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/crisp/crisp hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/crisp

Features:
(sort mail-extr emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
edmacro kmacro dabbrev log-edit message sendmail rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils mailheader pcvs-util battery help-fns radix-tree cl-print
executable copyright lisp-mnt cl-extra misearch multi-isearch add-log
smerge-mode whitespace vc vc-dispatcher xscheme unsafep trace testcover
shadow scheme re-builder profiler inf-lisp ielm gmm-utils ert pp ewoc
debug elp edebug backtrace find-func cl-indent advice cus-edit cus-start
cus-load wid-edit vc-git diff-mode filecache server flymake-proc flymake
compile comint ansi-color ring warnings noutline outline easy-mmode
flyspell ispell checkdoc thingatpt help-mode load-dir elec-pair reveal
autoinsert proof-site proof-autoloads cl pg-vars savehist minibuf-eldef
disp-table compact-docstrings cl-seq inline kotl-autoloads info
realgud-recursive-autoloads url-auth finder-inf package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 246020 31533)
 (symbols 24 30529 0) (strings 16 0 0) (string-bytes 1 0) (vectors 8 106003)
 (vector-slots 4 1778902 139988)
 (floats 8 121 283) (intervals 28 6728 1141) (buffers 528 33))