Subject: bug#33235: Bzip hash error

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 22:02:39 +0100

Hi brettg,

On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 21:01:05 +0100
[email-masked] wrote:

> Hi bjorn.
> 
> Thank you your steps did help in getting it to build with the 
> appropairiate hash sums.
> 
> However, how do I get the guix system init process to
> Use that version of the build we just made? It is still
> Wanting to use the incorrect substitute.

I don't understand this.

When it is already in the store it will be used by Guix (independently
of its source, substitutes or self-compiled).

But it could be that there are two different versions of it, i.e. with
two different store-hashes. For example, one of its dependencies is
different.

Can you post the output of "guix describe" and the log of "guix system
init"?

To get the logs, you can either copy it on USB stick or get it with
ssh/scp, if you started the ssh daemon as described in the installation
manual.

Björn