Subject: bug#33234: Guix (weather): there can be only one

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2018 02:35:36 +0100

Guix,

Two simultaneous ‘guix weather’s on the same machine will step on 
each others' toes and die.

They were running in two separate repositories, both vanilla 
sv:guix, one at v0.15.0, the other on master (7a7c91a).

Both aborted like this:

λ ./pre-inst-env guix weather 
--substitute-urls=https://munich.tobias.gr
  computing 7,850 package derivations for x86_64-linux...
  looking for 8,167 store items on https://munich.tobias.gr...
  updating substitutes from 'https://munich.tobias.gr'... 
  19.7%[my \n]
  guix weather: error: rename-file: No such file or directory

The second one displayed a different percentage and package count 
but was otherwise identical.

Kind regards,

T G-R