Subject: Re: [bug#33185] [PATCH 7/7] services: Add patchwork.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 17:42:55 +0100

Hello,

swedebugia <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On 2018-11-04 11:44, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> ---
>>   gnu/services/web.scm | 297 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
>>   gnu/tests/web.scm    | 104 ++++++++++++++-
>>   2 files changed, 399 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>
> Nice work with the service-declaration. :) (untested)

+1!

> Would you be willing to update the patch with documentation also?

Yes, also with ‘documentation’ fields.  :-)

I spotted a typo here:

+(define-record-type* <patchwork-configuration>
+  patchwork-configuration make-patchwork-configuration
+  patckwork-configuration?
      ^^

Regarding ‘patchwork-setup-gexp’, I wonder if you could use
‘make-forkexec-constructor’ with the appropriate environment variables
and move the “createuser” bit to an activation snippet.

Hmm maybe the activation snippet would run too early, right?  In that
case, perhaps you could create another Shepherd service,
‘patchwork-initialization’, that would do the createuser stuff, and have
‘patchwork’ depend on it.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Chris!

Ludo’.