Subject: Re: [bug#33172] [PATCH] gnu: linux-libre: Enable BOCHS DRM support.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 23:18:59 +0200

Hello Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This article might help to understand what's new in QEMU 3.0 with VGA
> emulation.
>
> https://www.kraxel.org/blog/2018/10/qemu-vga-emulation-and-bochs-display/

Looks interesting.

>> * gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.19-x86_64.conf: Build DRM BOCHS support
>> as a module.  It adds DRM support for BOCHS dispi vga interface used by
>> qemu (-vga std option). It will also be useful for QEMU 3.0 to enable the new
>> "bochs-display" display device.
>> * gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/4.19-i686.conf: Ditto.

Perhaps we should enable it on AArch64 as well?  Mostly so that configs
don’t diverge too much.

Otherwise it LGTM.  Mark, WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.