Subject: bug#33159: Despite --fallback, TLS error halted "guix system reconfigure"

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:58:35 -0700

Hi,

The following command failed:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
root@garuda /home/marusich# guix system --fallback --on-error=backtrace reconfigure /home/marusich/config.scm
[...]
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://hydra-mirror.marusich.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://hydra-mirror.marusich.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://hydra-mirror.marusich.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://hydra-mirror.marusich.info'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: guix substitute: error: TLS error in procedure 'handshake': A TLS fatal alert has been received.
guix system: error: build failed: substituter `substitute' died unexpectedly
root@garuda /home/marusich#
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Is this expected behavior when --fallback is given?

-- 
Chris