Subject: bug#33154: 27.0.50; create_process on Darwin should not invoke setsid() after vfork() [PATCH]

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 16:46:06 +0300

On 05/11/2018 09:28 -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:

>> The main block of this code looks identical to the BSD specific code
>> just underneath (#ifdef TIOCNOTTY), is there a reason we can’t reuse
>> that?
>
> I don't see why not. Proposed patch attached; please give it a try as
> I don't use macOS.

Paul, thanks for the patch.

I'm seeing some problems with my fix - specifically, with sudo run as
async shell command:

"sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified"

and with tramp when trying to connect to anything via ssh:

Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Received disconnect from <my-ip> port 22:2: Too many authentication failures
Disconnected from <my-ip> port 22

I didn't have time to look into it.  When I handle it, I'll try your
patch also and will write back.

Filipp