Subject: guix environment icedtea

From: Nam Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:25:01 -0700

I want to use guix environment with [email-masked]:jdk.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
user@antelope ~$ guix environment [email-masked]:jdk
user@antelope ~ [env]$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_171"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.13) (linux-gnu build 1.7.0_171-b02)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.171-b02, mixed mode)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

When I installed to my user profile, I was able to get the desired
icedtea version.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
user@antelope ~$ guix package -i [email-masked]:jdk
user@antelope ~$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_161"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.7.0) (guix build 1.8.0_161-b12)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.161-b12, mixed mode)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Is guix environment installing an incorrect version of icedtea?