Subject: bug#33146: .authinfo.gpg not automatically loaded when using (dired) on macOS

From: Christian Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 07:22:49 +0200

Hi!

~/.authinfo.gpg seems to be loaded automatically for TRAMP sometimes but 
not always, (dired) seems to be one command that doesn't load 
.authinfo.gpg automatically.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open emacs with src/emacs -Q
2. Open ~/.authinfo.gpg
3. Make sure this line exists: machine ftp.dlptest.com login 
[email-masked] port ftp password e73jzTRTNqCN9PYAAjjn
4. Open *scratch* buffer
5. Paste: (dired "/ftp:[email-masked]@ftp.dlptest.com:/")
6. Run M-x "eval-buffer"
7. Notice the request for password in the mini-buffer even though 
password is already available in .authinfo.gpg

Regards
Christian

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-apple-darwin17.6.0, NS 
appkit-1561.40 Version 10.13.5 (Build 17F77))
  of 2018-06-30 built on Christians-MacBook-Air.local
Repository revision: ed65ea18152636500399a7b6b75c87bac7d4ef2b
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14

Recent messages:
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/mail/emacsbug.el’ newer 
than byte-compiled file
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/mail/sendmail.el’ newer 
than byte-compiled file
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/gnus/message.el’ newer 
than byte-compiled file
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/mail/mailabbrev.el’ 
newer than byte-compiled file
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/gnus/gnus-util.el’ newer 
than byte-compiled file
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/mail/rmail.el’ newer 
than byte-compiled file
Source file ‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/epg.el’ 
newer than byte-compiled file
Source file 
‘/Users/christianjohansson/Documents/emacs/lisp/epg-config.el’ newer 
than byte-compiled file
s-b is undefined [2 times]
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Configured features:
RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS THREADS

Important settings:
   value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_SE.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils conf-mode ange-ftp tramp-ftp tramp trampver tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec advice auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs elec-pair
time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 222461 11024)
  (symbols 48 22158 1)
  (miscs 40 38 188)
  (strings 32 36026 1980)
  (string-bytes 1 1003870)
  (vectors 16 38793)
  (vector-slots 8 764344 15208)
  (floats 8 56 100)
  (intervals 56 244 0)
  (buffers 992 14))