Subject: Re: bug#33146: .authinfo.gpg not automatically loaded when using (dired) on macOS

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 12:22:51 +0100

Christian Johansson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!

Hi Christian,

> Alright, that worked. Would it be possible to make ange-ftp.el
> automatically aware of .authinfo files?
> I think that would improve user experience a lot.

Finally, it means that ange-ftp.el uses auth-source.el. Anything goes,
but somebody must implement it. And auth-source.el has its own
interpretation of the "port" element in .netrc/.authinfo lines, which is
kind of incompatible.

I'll mark this bug report as wishlist. If nobody beats me I'll could do
it, but it will take time (too many other open requests). And for the
time being, you'll be able to apply the workaround.

> I can try adding support for that if it's possible

You could try it yourself :-)

Otherwise, I will ask you at least for tests, when the implementation
happens.

> Regards
> Christian

Best regards, Michael.