Subject: Re: bug#33137: [Wishlist] recursive guix lint

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 11:57:38 +0200

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 07:13:48PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > I meant more like "hey, khard can be upgraded to 0.12.2, after I've
> > checked the upgrade with 'guix lint khard', now I'd like to check the rest
> > of the dependency tree with 'guix lint --recursive khard' to see if
> > anything else can be upgraded or has any linter errors."
> 
> Oh I see.  So to me this would be a ‘guix refresh’ feature rather than
> ‘guix lint’, but I agree it would be nice (and not too hard to
> implement.)
> 
I think ultimately implementing it in both would be good, but even just
having it for refresh would go a long way to shedding light on some of
our libraries that aren't updates as often as they might be. Especially
with the scripting langaguages.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted