Subject: Re: bug#33135: 27.0.50; (make-thread) TRAMP interactive freeze macOS 10.14

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 11:12:18 +0100

Christian Johansson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi

Hi Christian,

> In the other scenario I have repeatedly got the error when visiting a
> archive (find-file) on remote ssh tramp host that is also piped into
> another user like this:
> (find-file
> "/ssh:[email-masked]|sudo:[email-masked]:/home/otheruser/myzip.zip")
>
> It crashes when I do it synchronously (unthreaded)
>
> I also think I get the error when visiting directory in dired like
> (dired
> "/ssh:[email-masked]|sudo:[email-masked]:/home/otheruser/"),
> also unthreaded

Does it happen only in the feature/tramp-thread-safe branch, or also in
the master branch?

Anyway, I cant reproduce it locally on GNU/Linux, so there is something
wrong in the macOS implementation of threads I fear.

Best regards, Michael.