Subject: bug#33135: 27.0.50; (make-thread) TRAMP interactive freeze macOS 10.14

From: Christian Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:42:16 +0100

Hi

Both scenarios cause the crashes, user-interaction for password with 
threaded tramp seems to always crash emacs on macOS. The window doesn't 
close but there is a error in the terminal and emacs gets stuck

In the other scenario I have repeatedly got the error when visiting a 
archive (find-file) on remote ssh tramp host that is also piped into 
another user like this:
(find-file 
"/ssh:[email-masked]|sudo:[email-masked]:/home/otheruser/myzip.zip")

It crashes when I do it synchronously (unthreaded)

I also think I get the error when visiting directory in dired like 
(dired 
"/ssh:[email-masked]|sudo:[email-masked]:/home/otheruser/"), also 
unthreaded

On 2018-11-07 08:48, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Christian Johansson <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
>> I was wrong, interactive threaded tramp over ange-ftp on macos doesn’t
>> work. I have got more crashes lately after I updated branch, not sure
>> if errors help but here are some:
> Are these crashes just in case a user interaction with the thread was
> needed, or does it happen also when a (remote) file is just visited in a
> buffer, without any interaction?
>
> In the latter case, could you pls describe your scenario?
>
> Best regards, Michael.