Subject: bug#33135: 27.0.50; (make-thread) TRAMP interactive freeze macOS 10.14

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:35:13 +0200

Christian Johansson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael

Hi Christian,

> Alright, I'll check out that branch and continue testing
> here. Asynchronous TRAMP via FTP/SSH without user-interaction seems to
> work on master branch most of the time

The simple case: yes. It will be more interesting if you visit several
(many!) files in parallel. My usual test case is "C-x & C-x C-f
/ssh::~/src/emacs-test/admin/*.el" ("~/src/emacs" is the location of the
Emacs repository on my machine).

You might also open a second frame in parallel, and run "M-x list-threads"
there. This will show you how threads evolve.

If you want to know more about asynchronous file visiting, you might
consult (info "(emacs) Visiting") in the feature/tramp-thread-safe branch.

> but I have experienced some occasional crashes that you don't get when
> running synchronously. Will start Emacs from my terminal to see if I
> get any errors there if it crashes

Yes, pls report.

> Regards
> Christian

Best regards, Michael.