Subject: 26.1; xpm2 broken in MacOSX

From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 22:02:06 +0800

; This code inserts four images
; 1 - a correct checkerboard
; 2 - an incorrect blank image of the wrong size
; 3 - a correct "blarg"
; 4 - a correct checkerboard
; but the middle two images should look identical.

(defvar chex (create-image "/* XPM */
static char * chex_xpm[] = {
\"32 32 2 1\",
\"* c #ffff00\",
\". c #00ff00\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"****....****....****....****....\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
\"....****....****....****....****\",
};" 'xpm t)
  "32x32 pixel yellow and green checker board.")

(defvar xpm2 (create-image "! XPM2
16 7 2 1
* c #000000
. c #ffffff
**..*...........
*.*.*...........
**..*..**.**..**
*.*.*.*.*.*..*.*
**..*..**.*...**
...............*
.............**." 'xpm t)
  "The xpm2 example at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_PixMap#Comparison_with_other_formats")

(defvar xpm3 (create-image "/* XPM */
static char * blarg_xpm[] = {
\"16 7 2 1\",
\"* c #000000\",
\". c #ffffff\",
\"**..*...........\",
\"*.*.*...........\",
\"**..*..**.**..**\",
\"*.*.*.*.*.*..*.*\",
\"**..*..**.*...**\",
\"...............*\",
\".............**.\"
};" 'xpm t)
  "The xpm3 example at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_PixMap#Comparison_with_other_formats")

(progn
  (insert "\n") (insert-image chex)
  (insert "\n") (insert-image xpm2)
  (insert "\n") (insert-image xpm3)
  (insert "\n") (insert-image chex))

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1348.17 Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F2511))
 of 2018-05-31 built on builder10-10.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 204288 9229)
 (symbols 48 20206 1)
 (miscs 40 70 171)
 (strings 32 28845 1721)
 (string-bytes 1 764502)
 (vectors 16 35070)
 (vector-slots 8 718022 13590)
 (floats 8 48 72)
 (intervals 56 205 0)
 (buffers 992 12))