Subject: Re: bug#33107: guix pull error

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:16:28 +0200

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Schilling <[email-masked]> skribis:

> guix pull aborted with
>
>> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
>> '/gnu/store/hj11vw91pvwx7q57mn993r6gm7p92p30-compute-guix-derivation'
>> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
>> "bfa47f14b1a19150d6ddf149597d16493f69ae6d"; system: "x86_64-linux"; host
>> version: "2c89b4b5500ab940411d43c97291c931c3f5b8d0"; pull-version: 1).
>> Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.

[...]

> addendum: a 2nd guix pull finished successfully:
>
>> Generation 6    Oct 20 2018 21:43:33    (current)
>>   guix bfa47f1
>>     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
>>     branch: master
>>     commit: bfa47f14b1a19150d6ddf149597d16493f69ae6d

Normally ‘guix pull’ is deterministic so attempts to build commit
bfa47f14b1a19150d6ddf149597d16493f69ae6d should either fail or succeed,
but that should be reproducible (FWIW I just tried “guix pull
--commit=bfa47f14b1a19150d6ddf149597d16493f69ae6d” and it works for me.)

In the future, if the problem shows up again, could you please post the
‘guix pull’ output that precedes the “You found a bug” error message?

Thanks,
Ludo’.