Subject: bug#33106: "make check-system TESTS=basic" fails on master

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 10:08:05 +0100

Hi Chris,

This bug#33106 is old with last activity 2+ years ago and tagged
’moreinfo’ also 2+ years ago.  Tobias asked [1] if it is possible to
reproduce now?

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/33106#10>

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 at 12:09, Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The system test "basic" fails on commit
> 7d1f21c69aa89e4c7c57ace26af80d168157b243 (master).  To reproduce, check
> out that commit and run:
>
>     make check-system TESTS="basic"
>
> For the record, this is on an x86_64-linux GuixSD system using an ext4
> root file system.  Here's the error (I've sanitized the output, which
> apparently contained some unprintable characters, and removed some lines
> for brevity):

[...]

> 1) Where is the "basic.log" file?  I checked the Guix checkout and the
> retained directory of the failed derivation (i.e., the directory
> produced by guix build --keep-failed /gnu/store/...gjmid5-basic.drv),
> but I don't see it anywhere.
>
> 2) The test seems to have failed becuase of the following issue, which
> is mentioned in the output above:
>
> 0 (mount "/dev/vda1" "/real-root" "ext4" 1 #<undefined>)
> In procedure mount: No such file or directory
>
> The next steps are probably to look into whether /dev/vda1 or /real-root
> exist when that call is made, and if one of them is missing, investigate
> why it doesn't exist.

If no moreinfo, this bug will be closed in the coming days.

All the best,
simon

PS: Chris, I hope that everything is fine on your side because I have
not read something from you since long time.