Subject: latex-koma-script: scrlttr2: ERROR: Argument of \strip@prefix has an extra }.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 09:38:19 +0100

I can reproduce this with xelatex, lualatex, and pdflatex.  This does
not happen with the monolithic texlive package.

Interestingly, the files that are directly involved are all the same.
All the koma-script files are identical to their counterparts in the
monolithic texlive.

The monolithic texlive prints this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(/gnu/store/pllzpxmvcldqq89x6w36w77xnr1p4lav-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf
-dist/tex/latex/l3backend/l3backend-pdftex.def) (./komatest.aux) [1{/gnu/store/
pllzpxmvcldqq89x6w36w77xnr1p4lav-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf-dist/fonts/
map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] (./komatest.aux) )</gnu/store/pllzpxmvcldqq89x6w
36w77xnr1p4lav-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfo
nts/cm/cmr12.pfb>
Output written on komatest.pdf (1 page, 15553 bytes).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

My guess: the argument is the absolute file name of pdftex.map.  It
doesn’t belong to any real package in the tlpdb, and I’m pretty sure we
generate it.  However, in this case it must be missing, so that there is
no argument to \strip@prefix.

-- 
Ricardo