Subject: bug#33074: 26.1; images crash emacs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 00:11:11 +0200

Sam Halliday <[email-masked]> writes:

> I ran inside gdb to find the cause of the problem and I guess it is a
> bug inside the libmagick library that doesn't handle all the OpenCL
> error cases (my graphics card is only partially supported).
>
> Since this is affecting my use of GNU Emacs, I thought it best to use
> the bug report tool but I am happy to consider this closed and raise as
> a bug with libmagick. Preemptively created https://imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34893

[...]

> #6  0x00007ffff56b930c in BlurImageChannel () at /usr/lib/libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI.so.6
> #7  0x00007ffff572668e in  () at /usr/lib/libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI.so.6
> #8  0x00007ffff5726d4a in  () at /usr/lib/libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI.so.6

Yes, this looks like an ImageMagick bug, so there's not much we can do
on the Emacs side.  Besides, in Emacs 27, Emacs will (by default) build
without ImageMagick support because of these persistent issues with
crashes in ImageMagick.

So I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no