Subject: bug#33072: 27.0.50; Bad link in section 8.3 elpa link not work as has http:///

From: "j o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 03:41:56 +0200

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 27.0.50; Bad link in section 8.3 elpa link not work as has http:///
--text follows this line--

As per subject using help > finding extra packages
selecting link to GNU ELPA  https:///elpa.gnu.org does not work due to misplaced /

Cause; Third / should be at end of URL

Recieve an Address not valid response from derfault browser

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, i686-w64-mingw32)
of 2018-10-05 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 44bf4a6b012f65327718b8c8334bfac1aee26370
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.17134
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.1803.17134.285)

Recent messages:
Creating group entries...done
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
To install your edits, invoke [State] and choose the Set operation
Saving file h:/emacs/home/.emacs...
Wrote h:/emacs/home/.emacs [2 times]
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [3 times]
RET = select, <mouse-2> = select, d = to finder directory, q = quit, ? = help
Mark set
user-error: Minibuffer window is not active
Configured using:
'configure --without-dbus --host=i686-w64-mingw32
--without-compress-install -C 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
value of $LANG: ENG
locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils finder find-func lisp-mnt browse-url cus-edit cus-start
cus-load wid-edit elec-pair time-date mule-util info tex-site finder-inf
package let-alist derived pcase cl-extra help-mode easymenu url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv epg epg-config subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 173822 11750)
(symbols 32 24185 1)
(strings 16 45437 2821)
(string-bytes 1 1167790)
(vectors 8 19020)
(vector-slots 4 555372 14024)
(floats 8 66 209)
(intervals 28 977 383)
(buffers 528 19))