Subject: bug#33068: 26.1.50; Menu shows empty tooltips (or empty submenus?)

From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:25:48 -0300

See the attached screenshot.

---

In GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 12, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.1)
 of 2018-10-16 built on archlinux
Repository revision: 433e364add25dcc32f5103ec28f58298e00204d5
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12001000
Recent messages:
Starting Emacs daemon.
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Package refresh done
10 packages can be upgraded; type ‘U’ to mark them for upgrading.
Quit [3 times]
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
Quit [5 times]
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/carlos/local/stow/emacs-26
 --libexecdir=/home/carlos/local/stow/emacs-26/lib --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-xft --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cus-theme eieio-custom
wid-browse tree-widget gud autoload lisp-mnt checkdoc vc-git
display-line-numbers whitespace visual-fill-column crm mm-archive
message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode network-stream starttls url-http tls
gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg server pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet dired
dired-loaddefs pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools pdf-view
bookmark pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util image-mode sql view
org-capture org-protocol org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-python ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl-extra
yasnippet elec-pair highlight-indentation flymake-proc flymake warnings
help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy find-file-in-project ivy delsel colir
color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt windmove diff-mode elpy-shell pyvenv
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util elpy-profile elpy-django
elpy-refactor subr-x python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time format-spec advice
json map grep compile comint ansi-color files-x easy-mmode
doom-themes-org company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb
doom-tomorrow-night-theme doom-themes doom-themes-common xclip winner
ring paren ido-completing-read+ memoize s cus-edit minibuf-eldef ido
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit company edmacro kmacro
pcase cus-start cus-load finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1444987 109160)
 (symbols 48 46130 1)
 (miscs 40 793 367)
 (strings 32 222318 9748)
 (string-bytes 1 7045256)
 (vectors 16 88883)
 (vector-slots 8 2096390 154878)
 (floats 8 522 374)
 (intervals 56 128638 5303)
 (buffers 992 21))