Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Workaround rust reproducibility issues

From: Nikolai Merinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 23:00:14 +0500

Hi,

I prepared patches for Rust packages.

First patch move rust 1.25-1.27 packages back to llvm 3.9.1. I spend much time
tring to find root of non-reproducibility in this releases, but I did not
succeeded. So as easiest solution I suggest just keep old LLVM for this
packages. Drawback of this solution is impossibility to use
"#[target_feature]" will not work for this releases.

Second patch have new 1.28.0, 1.29.1 rust packages. They was reproducible in
my local tests with llvm 6.0.1, so this packages was switched to new LLVM.

Please, note: I tested packages with suggested changes only from
https://github.com/mnd/guix-mnd-pkgs/ repository. Full build chain
reproducibility test with exactly submitted patches currently in progress on
my laptop, but it can take another one or two days.

Regards,
Nikolai

Nikolai Merinov (2):
  gnu: rust: workaround rust 1.25-27 reproducibility issues
  gnu: rust: add rust 1.28 and rust 1.29 packages

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 ...ible-builds-by-forcing-window.search.patch | 28 +++++++
 gnu/packages/rust.scm                         | 76 +++++++++++++------
 3 files changed, 81 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/rust-mdbook-Support-reproducible-builds-by-forcing-window.search.patch

-- 
2.19.0