Subject: bug#33061: 27.0.50; Hard to see text under header-line when using misterioso theme

From: Fredrik Nyqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 13:14:27 +0200

Hi,

When using misterioso theme, and semantic sticky-function-mode is enabled,
it is hard to see the function name under the header-line. The header-line
face could
probably be darker.

How to reproduce:

Put these settings in your emacs init file:

(require 'semantic)
(add-hook 'prog-mode-hook 'semantic-mode)
(semantic-mode 1)
(setq semantic-default-submodes
      '(global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode))
(load-theme 'misterioso t)

Then open a C file to see the header-line enabled.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 9, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2018-10-15 built on elxa1qhzn12
Repository revision: 6b8fd34c4ab1aa23b180440cdc8210900896bbf4
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Parsing composite.c (LL)...done

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode semantic/db-file data-debug ring cedet-files
semantic/bovine/c semantic/decorate/include semantic/decorate/mode
semantic/decorate pulse hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/bovine semantic/analyze/refs
semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs misterioso-theme
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base cl-seq seq semantic/idle
semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes easymenu semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib mode-local
find-func cedet elec-pair mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 405054 13457)
 (symbols 48 27400 1)
 (strings 32 90364 2450)
 (string-bytes 1 3562252)
 (vectors 16 34925)
 (vector-slots 8 672405 21560)
 (floats 8 54 207)
 (intervals 56 862 38)
 (buffers 992 12)
 (heap 1024 62517 1812))