Subject: bug#33061: 27.0.50; Hard to see text under header-line when using misterioso theme

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:42:37 +0200

Fredrik Nyqvist <[email-masked]> writes:

> By headerline I mean the white line, in this theme, that stays on the
> first line in the buffer and displays the name and parameters of the
> current function in the source file. You might need to navigate down
> to a function to see the effect it has. As you scroll down the file
> the function top line (function name and parameters etc) will still be
> visible.
>
> The line becomes visible when 'semantic-stickyfunc-mode'. is enabled.

Hm, I see.  I'm not getting the thing to work properly...  If I say
(from emacs -Q)

(progn
  (require 'semantic)
  (add-hook 'prog-mode-hook 'semantic-mode)
  (semantic-mode 1)
  (setq semantic-default-submodes
        '(global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode))
  (load-theme 'misterioso t))

and then load, say, src/eval.c, I'm getting a new line at the top of the
buffer, and the help says that it belongs to stickyfunc... but it
doesn't display anything but what would otherwise be in the buffer at
that point.  That is, it does not display the name and parameters of the
current function.

Hm...

Oh!  Now it does?  Weird.  

The function name is quite legible to me, although the parameter list is
pretty hard to read.

And now it went away.  The stickyfunc stuff doesn't seem to be very...
stable...

OK, in a smaller C file it seems to do better.

I think the solution is to just make the header line darker, so I've
done that on the Emacs trunk now.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no