Subject: Re: bug#33054: 25.2; diff-model: M-k kills wrong hunk

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Oct 2018 18:26:37 -0000

Hello, Dima:

In article <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: US-ASCII, 14 lines --]

> I'm using a very recent build: e4896856172

Very recent?  That was from September 8th, over a month ago.  ;-)

> Steps to reproduce bug:

> - Open attached diff. Emacs should open it in diff-mode
> - Put point on 'd' in the second "diff": (goto-char 98)
> - M-k

> This should kill the hunk we're on.

It does that for me.

> We are unambiguously sitting on the second hunk, but the latest
> diff-mode is confused, thinks we're on the first hunk, and kills that
> instead. Kinda. Moving the point even one character forward makes it
> work.

It works for me anyway (With a build updated at most a day ago).  I've
looked at the git log for diff-mode.el, and nobody's changed anything
relevant, that I can see, since early September.

What's your environment?  Operating system, and so on?

Or, maybe something really wierd is happening, and it would stop
happening on an up to date snapshot of Emacs.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).