Subject: bug#33052: closed (Re: bug#33052: 26.1; Emacs Calc Problem with sec and related trig)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 17:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33052: 26.1; Emacs Calc Problem with sec and related trig functions

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33052: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33052
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33052: 26.1; Emacs Calc Problem with sec and related trig
From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, Pierce Wang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 19:37:03 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In no way do I claim to know my way around Calc, but I made some guesses which seem to work.

Subject: 26.1; Emacs Calc Problem with sec and related trig functions
From: Pierce Wang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 12:04:08 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Trying to evaluate "sec(pi/4)" in Calc's algebraic mode returns a "Wrong
type argument" instead of returning "sec( pi / 4 )" in the Calc as it
should. This bug is replicated with any number n (for sec(pi/n)) where n !=
1.

Recipe from emacs -Q:
C-x * *
m r
'sec(pi/4)

Thank you for all your hard work!

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.2.0, NS appkit-1561.10
Version 10.13.1 (Build 17B1003))
of 2018-09-22 built on Pierces-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
C-x *  (Type ? for a list of Calc options)
Loading /Users/piercewang/.emacs.d/calc.el (source)...done
Welcome to the GNU Emacs Calculator!  Press ‘?’ or ‘h’ for help, ‘q’ to quit
m-
Angles measured in radians
calc-do: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/26.1_1/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/26.1_1 --with-gnutls --without-x
--with-xml2 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Calculator

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils calc-frac calc-arith calc-alg
calc-aent calc-math calc-ext calc-misc calc-menu easymenu calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs elec-pair time-date tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 237129 9349)
(symbols 48 23211 1)
(miscs 40 53 193)
(strings 32 35244 1615)
(string-bytes 1 925272)
(vectors 16 37144)
(vector-slots 8 740188 18066)
(floats 8 54 240)
(intervals 56 232 0)
(buffers 992 13))