Subject: Re: bug#33050: 27.0.50; [macOS] Problem with process input with process-connection-type nil

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 22:36:50 +0300

Eli,

On 25/10/2018 21:20 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I think these are separate problems.
>
> They are, indeed; and I thought this bug report is about the problem
> with ldapsearch.  If you think the way we start subprocesses on macOS
> needs fixing, it should be a separate bug, most probably with a
> different urgency and severity.

Sure, filed bug #33154.

>> So it again became possible that we call setsid() after vfork(), and
>> this I believe is the root case of the current problem.
>
> Once again, I believe the root cause is that process-connection-type
> has the wrong value.

I have no opinion on the correctness of p-c-t in ldap-search-internal in
ldap.el.  If 33154 gets fixed, then code in ldap.el works regardless of
its value.

Filipp