Subject: bug#33050: 27.0.50; [macOS] Problem with process input with process-connection-type nil

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 17:52:10 +0300

On 26/10/2018 22:09 -0400, Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:

> (I also wonder what happens to a process (e.g., Bash) that needs a pty,
> when all ptys are busy.  I haven't done any experiments to check.  At
> least in one case I saw in the source code, ange-ftp.el, the program
> would just hang in pipe mode.  In that case, it seems like there should
> be a way to tell start-process to signal an error if it doesn't get the
> desired pty.)

Yes, would be good to check this.

>> Your suggestion to condionally fix this for Darwin on release looks
>> good.
>
> OK, can you try the attached patch before I push it to emacs-26?

I tried it on emacs-26, and couldn't get eudc-expand-inline to work, but
I think that's a different unrelated problem (maybe auth-source reading
.authinfo or something).  Otherwise it looks safe.  I can look more into
it on Monday..

Filipp