Subject: Re: bug#33044: Guile misbehaves in the "ja_JP.sjis" locale

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 21:56:37 -0400

Hi Tom,

Tom de Vries <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 10/16/18 3:57 AM, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>> Thanks for the report, analysis and patch.  I agree with your analysis,
>> and the patch looks good.
>> 
>
> If so, can the patch be committed?

I just pushed commit c2a654b7d29f5e2f32fd1313cc80162fd0c8f992 to the
stable-2.2 branch, which includes the fix from your patch (although I
used 'scm_from_utf8_string' instead of 'scm_from_latin1_string'), and
many other instances of the same problem.  These fixes will be in the
upcoming guile-2.2.5 release.

Does that address the problem for you?

I'll leave this bug open at least until 'seed->random-state your-seed'
is fixed to support wide strings.

Thanks again,

     Mark