Subject: Re: [bug#33038] [PATCH 3/6] bootstrap: Add %bootstrap-mes.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 23:04:02 +0200

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> It would be nice to maybe make this a separate commit (following the
>>> make-bootstrap.scm changes) so that you can state in the commit log
>>> which commit was used to build this binary.
>>
>> Ah yes, that's nice.  Hmm, there's a slight complication because for the
>> i686-linux version I cheated; icu4c, python-more-itertools and swig fail
>> to build on core-updates-next.  I added a hack and reverted that...
>> which is probably less than great.  So I cleaned it up a bit and just
>> added it.
>
> FYI the issues mentioned here have been fixed in the 'core-updates'
> branch.  I suppose you can still rebase on it, or just merge it.

Merging core-updates into core-updates-next sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for letting us know, Marius!

Ludo’.