Subject: bug#3303: delete-frame raises old (invisible) frame

From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:37:51 +0700

On May 27, 2009, at 9:36 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> The symptom I observed that led me to add that section of code was  
>> that,
>> when two frames are open, both displaying different buffers,  and  
>> you hold
>> the cursor-down or page-down key down in one, the focus  would  
>> shift back
>> and forth between the windows, and the cursor would  do some  
>> movement in
>> each.  It's possible this no longer occurs due to  other changes  
>> in focus
>> handling both on NS and core sides, but it's  worth testing.
>
> Then it's good to remove the workaround, even if the symptom re- 
> appears:
> it should be fixed elsewhere.

I put a FIXME comment in xdisp.c redisplay_internal() (line 11551) at  
the same time I made my workaround.  I thought the problem originated  
there, but wasn't certain enough to pursue it further.   
(consider_all_windows set true causes each FRAME to be temporarily  
selected in turn later in this function.)

Since the problem seems to be gone, I'll take a look through the  
history once savannah is back to see what might have changed.