Subject: Re: delete-frame raises old (invisible) frame

From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:15:34 -0400

On May 26, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>>>> drawRect: do not set visibility/iconified flags because drawRect  
>>>> may be
>>>> called by NSView even if the frame is hidden.
>>> Do you happen to know why/when NSView might be called even for a  
>>> frame
>>> that's not visible?
>> Unfortunately not, but invisibility does not guarantee absence of  
>> drawRect
>> messages unless this is promised somewhere in the NS API.
>> I do think that my patch here is right, though, as other ports set
>> visibility in more obvious places.
>
> Yes, the patch looks OK, but I'd still like to know why drawRect gets
> called in such cases, as well as why the visibility settings were
> modified in that routine.

In this vein, is it possible to get the development history of the NS  
port merged with the other Emacs history?
I mean, everything begins (ends) with the merge, with all code there  
appearing to have been authored by 'arobert'.  In this particular case  
I would have wanted to know when these lines of code were added (e.g.,  
pre-22?), and what the comments were.
I could probably try to find this in Emacs.app, but I'm wondering if  
we can have this history (perhaps in a separate branch) in the Bzr/Git  
repositories.