Subject: Re: [bug#33027] [PATCH] gnu: stellarium: Update to 0.18.2

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 23:50:07 +0200

Brett, Guix,

Brett Gilio wrote:
> (define-public stellarium
>   (package
>     (name "stellarium")
> -    (version "0.18.1")
> +    (version "0.18.2")

I tried updating stellarium recently but ran into the following 
test failure:

12/15 Test #12: testEphemeris ....................***Exception: 
Child aborted  0.01 sec
********* Start testing of TestEphemeris *********
Config: Using QtTest library 5.11.1, Qt 5.11.1 
(x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 
5.5.0)
QWARN  : TestEphemeris::initTestCase() WARNING 
StelFileMgr::StelFileMgr: could not find install location: 
"/gnu/store/gk73b3xdzcfn7xp587r8yd31pw88ndjq-stellarium-0.18.2/share/stellarium" 
(we checked for 
"/gnu/store/gk73b3xdzcfn7xp587r8yd31pw88ndjq-stellarium-0.18.2/share/stellarium/data/ssystem_major.ini" 
).
QWARN  : TestEphemeris::initTestCase() Maybe this is AppImage or 
something similar? Let's check relative path...
QWARN  : TestEphemeris::initTestCase() WARNING 
StelFileMgr::StelFileMgr: could not find install location: 
"/tmp/guix-build-stellarium-0.18.2.drv-0/build/src/../share/stellarium" 
(we checked for 
"/tmp/guix-build-stellarium-0.18.2.drv-0/build/src/../share/stellarium/data/ssystem_major.ini" 
).
QFATAL : TestEphemeris::initTestCase() Couldn't find install 
directory location.
FAIL!  : TestEphemeris::initTestCase() Received a fatal error.
   Loc: [Unknown file(0)]
Totals: 0 passed, 1 failed, 0 skipped, 0 blacklisted, 0ms
********* Finished testing of TestEphemeris *********

I haven't had time to look into it yet. It's weird/interesting 
that you don't run into it, though...

Could you try building with '--rounds=<about 20 or so>' and see if 
you can make it fail?

Kind regards,

T G-R