Subject: Re: bug#33024: 26.1.50; the ethiopic input method does not allow the insertion of a very frequent character

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 16:30:37 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think you can have what you want if you do this:
>
>  (setq ethio-primary-language 'amharic)
>  (ethio-select-a-translation)
>
> Without this, the default primary language is tigrigna.
>
> I don't know anything about Ethiopic languages, so I don't know how
> reasonable is the default we use.  (I also think the defvar's at the
> beginning of ethio-util.el should be defcustoms.)

I've now converted the defvars to defcustom.

If I understand this bug report correctly, Emacs has the requested
functionality, but what default to use is unclear.  But making these
variables into user options should presumably help, so I'm closing this
bug report.  If there's more to be done here, please respond to the
debbugs address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no