Subject: bug#3302 closed by David Reitter <[email-masked]> (closing this)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 04:15:06 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#3302: Frame deletion with 'force fails

It has been closed by David Reitter <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact David Reitter <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3302: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3302
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: closing this
From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 00:07:27 -0400

I am closing this bug as it is unlikely we're going to fix this  
problem any time soon.

At least one frame needs to be declared selected, and that frame may  
be hidden, which provides the workaround for this problem (as in  
previous versions).

Subject: Frame deletion with 'force fails
From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:48:50 -0700

In an Emacs -Q (recent CVS, NS port), doing the following right after  
startup:

   (delete-frame (selected-frame) t)

will lead to an "Attempt to delete the only frame" error.  This seems  
needless in non-X/non-Windows environments.

frame.c, delete_frame():
   /* x_connection_closed must have set FORCE to `noelisp' in order
      to delete the last frame, if it is gone.  */
   if (NILP (XCDR (Vframe_list)) && !EQ (force, Qnoelisp))
     error ("Attempt to delete the only frame");

If there are technical reasons for this, it would be good if the doc  
string for `delete-frame' was updated.