Subject: bug#33018: 26.1.50; thread starvation with async processes and accept-process-output

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:02:53 +0200

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Basil,

>> If you want a process to communicate in a given thread, you must call
>> `set-process-thread'. See the elisp manual.
>
> Thanks, this is the first thing I tried when earlier experiments started
> to hang.  I tried both the following redundant but explicit call:

Well, I've played with your example. As Eli said, `set-process-thread'
is not needed here.

With your original example, I could reproduce the problem, However, if I
call

emacs -l test.el -f test-threads

the problem does NOT happen. My .emacs is quite long, so I didn't bisect
in order to find out what makes the difference.

I have changed your example a little bit wrt `thread-join', see
appended. This version runs w/o any problem even if emacs is called with
-Q. Maybe this helps you to debug further.

Best regards, Michael.